You have heard the terminology SEO, Search Engine Optimization and you have a good idea of what that means, but maybe you are unsure how to make your site appear on the first page of a Google search. I will show you how to make your website visible to your current clients and potential customers with 7 simple steps.
Too Much Information
One of the problems you may have encountered is all of the advice out there to increase SEO, pages of information on how to make your site visible. With information overload, how do you weed through the information without spending hours of valuable time and energy, but still get the results you desire?
SEO Made Simple
You probably have seen companies that provide this service for your website. But did you know all of the information is available to you and it is possible to learn how to improve Search Engine Rankings without spending a fortune?
Try these 7 simple steps to improve Search Engine Rankings:
- Establish a list of keywords that you think people would use to find your website. Use these keywords in your site title, page title, H1, H2, H3, H4 and H5 tags, and incorporate keywords into each paragraph at least 5 times per page.
- Add Alt tags to all of your images to make them visible to the search engine.
- Link Social profiles to your web pages, at the top of every page is ideal.
- Add your company’s name, address and phone number in the footer.
- Add internal links between pages where they add benefit to the site visitors.
- Use Google Analytics to monitor your progress.
- Set a Meta Description for each page to describe what each page is about.
Be Patient with the Results
If the above list sounds feasible, go ahead and apply it to your website and be patient. Don’t be afraid to experiment with the keywords and consider them from your target audience’s point of view. Think of plain English and what the average person would type into Google to find your product.
It takes time for the search engine to scan your pages and find the adjustments you made. Unfortunately, the changes are not immediate. Do a Google Search and check your keywords in 5-7 days to see how far you have advanced up the page.
If this sounds like too much work, or you have too many tasks and too little time, there are many web design agencies that would help you with search engine optimization including us here at Captivating the Web.