Discover how WordPress can be more than a blogging platform.
Did you know WordPress is an excellent Content Management System and is used today throughout the internet for approximately 25% of all websites? In this article you will discover the top 5 reasons to use WordPress for your website.
You want a customized website that is unique, not like everyone else's.
A WordPress comes in endless shapes and sizes. Even if you don't want to build the website yourself, you can hire a designer and/or developer to make your website look and function to fit your business.
You want an original website, not a template.
Maybe you have heard people claim that their website is an original and did not come from a template. But even people who code their own websites have templates they use often. Website creation has become more predictable according to what people expect to see on a website. For example, the logo is typically in the top left corner, the menu at the top of the website, etc. A WordPress allows an experienced designer or developer to customize and change the appearance of a website with unlimited options and functionality.
Here are the Top 5 Reasons to use WordPress for your website.
- Start with good design, customize to your needs. There are pre-made themes available for use. But if you use a good website designer, you only need to convey your likes and needs, and the designer will do the rest.
- Functionality. A WordPress website can function as an online store, a way to gather prospect e-mails, and communicate the unique value and purpose of your business. Again, a good designer will assist you in making your WordPress website function to optimize your online opportunities.
- Search Engine Optimization friendly. Everyone wants their website to rank on the first page of Google searches. WordPress in the hands of an experienced designer will rank high so that your current and potential customers will find you easily.
- Security is top priority. A well built WordPress website will have software behind the scenes in order to keep information safe and secure, as well as prevent hackers from gaining access.
- Large community. WordPress is the Content Management System of choice for 60% of websites with a CMS. A large community of businesses and individuals who use WordPress websites means a support network for any problems or issues that could arise.
Do your research. Don't invest time and energy into a free website.
Your website is a digital version of your business. It may sound tempting to find a free option for a website. I challenge you to do your research. Find competitor websites in your line of business and see what you like and don't like about their websites. Think of a website as an investment. Develop a plan, set a budget, set goals for your digital marketing.
Define your business goals, and what you need from your website.
The most important thing to do before seeking out someone to build a website for your business is to set SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-bound) goals. Do your research online to see what websites you like and what would fit your business. What kind of functionality do you need? Do you sell products online? Is social media a key component of your current marketing plan? The more you know about what you want your website to do for your business, the better results you can expect from your web designer and/or developer. Don't expect a web designer to set your business goals, but do expect them to offer solutions for your business needs.