This article will reveal the 5 most important factors to consider when creating online content.
Today most online businesses can agree that in order to create new interest and draw people to a website, it is important to create compelling content. I will outline the 5 key factors for creating content that will speak to your audience and build your business.
Taking the time to create good quality content is worth the effort.
The problem many people face is finding the time to research good quality content that is relevant to their audience. As a result, many businesses do not make the time in their busy schedules, and therefore miss out on this marketing opportunity.
Maybe you have heard the myth that content creation just means creating more content.
Creating more mediocre content will not give you the desired results. However, I can show you that having a method for content creation will help you to create valuable and relevant content with a purpose of giving value to your audience.
Here are the 5 key factors for content creation
- Research your topic. A Google search can help you to research, but a better way is to direct information to you with the use of Feedly.com. It is easy to set up a free account, choose websites or blogs you already know to receive their feeds, or select your interests such as online marketing, SEO, photography, etc. Articles will appear in your feed, and you can easily research what is trending so that you can easily come up with headlines that are already being discussed.
- Define your audience. First it is important to identify the audience you are targeting. One example may be targeting stay at home moms, 25-35 years, or working males and females, 40-50 years. The more you can narrow down your audience into a specific age group, working profession or social activity, the better you can target your audience.
- Establish your voice. Decide what kind of article you want to write, and what voice you want to convey. The topic could be educational, or it could be strongly opinionated. It is important to have a voice and keep it consistent throughout your article and your audience will come to recognize who you are and your opinion.
- Take the time to create high quality text adding a photo or video. Once you have a great topic, take the time to become knowledgeable about the topic. Organize your information, and add a photo or video, depending on your audience and message you want to deliver. Be creative and customize to fit your audience.
- Promote your content with social media. After your content is completed, proofread, etc., post it to your blog and share it on social media. This may be obvious, but your compelling content must be visible to your target audience. Use the social media outlets that are most commonly used by your target audience.
Set a time each week to create content
As stated before, creating quality content takes time and planning, but it will be worth it if done correctly. Don’t worry about creating content on a daily basis, however once a week is a great goal. Photos are a great addition to any online content, make sure to take the time to select a complementary photo.
Are you ready to schedule time for content creation for your business?
If you still feel like procrastinating, take the first easy step. Go to Feedly.com and set up an account. Look at what is being discussed in your industry, and add to the conversation. Don’t worry about inventing new topics, make it easy and add your perspective to current headlines.
Contact me at Captivatingtheweb.com for more information on content creation.